(4) The department shall issue a determination resolving the request for a calculation review no later than 14 days after the carrier submits a timely and complete response under subrule (3) of this rule or after the expiration of the time period within which the carrier was required to respond, including any extensions provided following the department’s request for additional information under subrule (3) of this rule.
R 500.244Median amount; access to database.
(1) Subject to subrule (3) of this rule, a carrier may satisfy the requirement under R 500.243 by providing the department with access to a database that contains all of the carrier’s median amounts. The database must meet all of the following requirements:
(a) Be updated no less frequently than quarterly.
(b) Be searchable by region, provider specialty, and health care service.
(c) Include negotiated rates for all health care services covered by the carrier.
(d) Be continuously accessible to the department.
(2) For the purposes of conducting a calculation review under section 24510 of the act, MCL 333.24510, the department may, at its discretion, consult any external database described under section 24510(2) of the act, MCL 333.24510, without regard to whether a carrier made the database accessible to the department or whether the database otherwise meets the requirements under subrule (1) of this rule.
(3) A carrier’s provision of access to a database under this rule does not preclude the department from requesting any documents, materials, or other information the department believes is necessary to assist in reviewing the calculation described in section 24510(1) of the act, MCL 333.24510.
R 500.245 Approval of arbitrators.
(1) The department shall create and maintain a list of arbitrators trained by the American Arbitration Association or American Health Lawyers Association and approved by the director. This list must be updated no less frequently than annually and must be posted on the department’s website.
(2) Arbitrators seeking to be included in the list under subrule (1) of this rule must apply on a form prescribed by the department.
(3) The department shall approve or disapprove an application no later than 60 days after the date of receipt of the application. Applicants whose application has been disapproved may reapply at any time.
(4) If approved for inclusion in the list under subrule (1) of this rule, arbitrators must annually provide to the department, on a form prescribed by the department, an attestation acknowledging that the information provided to the department in the arbitrator’s application under subrule (2) of this rule remains complete and accurate.